Followers

WELCOME

Knowledge, inspiration, and encouragement from a Christian perspective is my goal. I post a weekly commentary, which could be about world events or the events of my week. Other days I might share stories, recipes, homemaking tips, book reviews, political talk, biblical truth, or other blogs and websites I like. This blog is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A GLOBE MADE OUT OF GOLD


Before my daughter left for school this morning, we stood at the door and watched a Sears commercial. Almost at the same time, we said, "I like that song." I've been in love with the new Sears theme song since I first heard it..."Got a pocketful of wishes, a time machine, a magic wand, a globe made out of gold." It's the kind of song that stirs emotion with its dreamlike melody and haunting vocals.

What kind of world do you want? is a question that repeats throughout the song's lyrics. Since I have that song in my head, I'm going to answer. The world I want is nothing like the world we live in.

If the world could be the way I wanted it to be, everyone would love their jobs. People would be doing work that is perfectly suited for their abilities and their personalities. Going to work every day would be pure joy. And since everyone is content with their positions, we'd have no bad attitudes in the workplace. It would be a place of encouragement, productivity, and team work without drama. Imagine.

The world I want is filled with people who never let each other down. No broken promises, no gifts unsent, no dreams derailed. We can count on others to come through for us without worrying that they might change their minds on a whim. Words are like gold and we're very careful to keep our promises and follow through with plans that others might be looking forward to. It's a world without disappointment. Imagine.

In the world I want, we feel no pain of any kind whether physical or mental. All we feel is peace and contentment every second, every minute, every hour of every day. Because nothing can hurt us, we have no fears. All our choices are right, nothing is done for selfish gain, so we have no regrets, no guilt, and no shame. Loneliness is an impossible pain. We are a connected chain of souls with each life affecting the other so forcefully that by helping others we nourish ourselves.
Our concerns are for everyone around us, not just for ourselves. Imagine.

No child is abused. No one is homeless. No crimes are committed. No one feels the need to "one-up" another. Honesty is like air. Love seeps through every crevice. Our hearts know no longings. Where envy and jealousy once stood, we stand cheering the success of others, never focusing on failure, but praising their strengths. We need to encourage like we need to breathe.  To me, this is what Heaven must be like.

What kind of world do you want?... History starts now."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your not the only one who fell in love with the song. I just heard it, googled it, and you were the only result that popped up. thanks for your insight. :)