Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS

No "Happy Holidays" for me. If anyone is offended by my saying Merry Christmas, that says more about him than it does about me. I'm not offended when I hear someone express his or her beliefs. People can celebrate whatever they want. I don't have to agree with their celebrations, but I should respect their right to celebrate and believe whatever they want.

Unfortunately, we are allowing easily offended people to dictate the way we celebrate Christmas. Some businesses are even canceling their Christmas parties because they don't want to offend co-workers who aren't Christians and don't believe in Jesus. People who are so easily offended need to take a good look at their motives. I would never deny other people the joy of celebrating their beliefs just because I don't have those same beliefs. As long as they can celebrate peacefully, why should it bother me? Why should I be offended?

I think it's all just an attempt to stop Christmas and wipe God and Jesus out of our lives. That's their motive, and it just proves to me all the more that Christmas is powerful. If the power of Christmas were not real, we wouldn't have so many people trying to stop it. What we need now are people who have the courage to say, "I will celebrate Christ anytime, anywhere and if you're offended, then walk away and go celebrate your own thing."

Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! Merry Merry Merry Merry Christmas!

No comments: