Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW HOW I AM?

I love this article about the shallow ways we interact with people. Lately I feel that there are very few people willing to invest the time and energy in really listening. I have experienced pouring my heart out to someone only to be cut off, as if what I'm sharing isn't important. Even those we call friends can choose to keep us at a distance and show little interest in the details of our lives. 

Even in church we go through this shallow ritual of greeting each other when the pastor tells us to stand and greet each other. But forced greetings have no sincerity behind them. A greeting is only genuine when it comes from the heart. We can't be genuine when we're fulfilling a duty that wasn't our own idea. I think it's best to let people decide on their own when and how they want to greet each other. Read the article below and see how it might change the way you interact with others
 http://becomingahopefulromantic.blogspot.com/2012/01/social-contract-part-1.html

No comments: