Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

ALWAYS GOOD ENOUGH TO GOD

Many women who seem to have perfect lives really don't. From the outside looking in, we think that they have everything a woman could ask for, but if we catch these women being very honest, they confess to moments of insecurity, doubts, fears, and wondering if they are really any good at anything. They feel like everything they do is only half good enough. They doubt the direction that their lives have taken and they wonder if perhaps they should give up and start over.

All my life I have felt that my efforts were never as good as they could be. If I write one story in a week, I think that I should have written two. If I create a piece of artwork, I question why I haven't created more. If I accept a job or start a business, I wonder if I'm doing enough. Each day I question if I've accomplished what I'm capable of doing. And should I be doing more?

Where do these feelings come from? What causes us to doubt ourselves and feel like we should be more than we are? Is it the culture we live in that tells us we're not good enough? Do we forget that our identity is in Christ and fall into the cultural trap of comparing and competing? We see someone who is doing so much more and we put pressure on ourselves to step up our game.

Or maybe these feelings are just normal for every woman. Just like the days we live in, which are sometimes sunny and sometimes gloomy, we ourselves have ups and downs. Perhaps God made us that way so that when we feel depressed, inadequate, or fearful, we will draw closer to Him. 

Our culture tells us that if we're feeling down we should pop a pill, get a new job, have a lifestyle lift or maybe lose a little weight and everything will be fine. No one ever tells us that we need to go to God in prayer, praise and worship. No one ever suggests that it's a spiritual issue. 

The answer to life's problems can always be found when we fall on our knees. I've learned to use those gloomy feelings as an indication that it's time to check in with my Lord. Maybe I've been too busy to pray. The further I get from God, the darker my days become. Because God is my source of strength. He's my source of light, my source of joy, and my source of peace. 

Without Him, my mind will not rest and my fears will take over. 
Without Him I'm never good enough. But with Him I'm everything I need to be. Read the blog entry below written by someone who seems to have it all together but who doesn't always feel that way.
http://lysaterkeurst.com/2012/11/from-overpowered-to-empowered/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzEmail&utm_campaign=0&utm_content=303165

No comments: