Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

PRIORITY SHIFT

I spent the past four days caring for a sick child. Caretaking  is probably the most exhausting job there is, especially when caring for someone you really love. Emotions get involved with the constant demand for bed sheet changes, food, water, tissues, help getting out of bed, pain meds, antibiotics, throat spray, cool washcloths, back rubs, changing the vaporizer water, taking covers off, putting them back on, nasal spray, vapor rub, checking the fever temp, praying, crying and running to the pharmacy for the next thing that might help her feel better.

This is what I've been doing since Wednesday. Between the work and the emotional drain, a person can become exhausted. The absolute worst thing about being a mom is watching your children suffer. Today I feel that my priorities have shifted drastically. My heart just isn't into blogging. So I'm taking a break. If it's possible for you to slow down and spend more time loving someone today, don't miss the chance.

Danelle


No comments: