Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Friday, February 22, 2013

TIME TO HEAL

To focus on healing, I'm taking a blogging break. A frozen tailgate is the latest thing that has irritated my back and prolonged the healing process. Before that, I hurt myself hanging a picture on the wall.  And before that I lifted a child and later regretted it. 

You're probably wondering about the tailgate. I went for groceries two nights ago on the coldest day of winter and instead of taking the car, which requires constant shifting with my left leg and the sciatic nerve attached to it, I took the truck which is automatic shift. What I thought was going to help me turned out to be the thing that hurt me. I couldn't open the tailgate to put the groceries in the back so I yanked on the thing several times  and that was all it took to mess up my neck and back. Eventually I found some big guy to help me, but the damage was done.

I guess I can find something good in my grocery trip since I didn't pick up any cooties. You'll have to scroll down to my next blog if you don't get that. But then when I got home and began to make the special box of fat free brownies I bought, the inner bag was tore open and the box was lined with an inch of cocoa powder. Not even my chocolate fix came through for me. Some days you just want to grab a big box of  lotion covered tissues and have a cry fest.

Don't take your health for granted if you're strong and healthy. And if you sleep well, consider yourself blessed. I've gone through more tissues in the past year than I have in a lifetime. But I'm hanging on to God's promise: "I will restore health unto you and I will heal you of your wounds."

1 comment:

Deanna Wiseman said...

Sis we have so much in common. I feel your paing and pray for you daily. Stay strong.