Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Sunday, May 29, 2022

THE SISTER OF A SOLDIER

                                                                        


During my brother Ed's two tours in Iraq, I wrote and received dozens of letters. For almost two decades, the letters he sent back were laying in my dresser drawer. I recently gave them back to him because I couldn't read them again. I didn't want to remember that time. 

Having a family member fighting in a war is difficult. You know that at any moment his life could be taken, and throughout each day you are wondering, "Where is he now? Is he safe?" Only those who served know what it's like to actually be there in the middle of a war.  

My brother willingly made the decision to join the army after 9/11.  He said it was both the best and the worst time of his life. The men he served with really meant it when they said, "I have your back." And when he received his release papers and was scheduled to go home for good, they protected him even more.

"Get back in the jeep Soldier, you're going home." My brother will never forget those words. Someone he fought with was willing to put himself in harm's way and take my brother's place because Ed was scheduled to go home. 

I'm proud of my brother. I'm grateful for all soldiers. The video below is a beautiful tribute to our American heroes.

https://t.me/RealGenFlynn/2669

No comments: