Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Friday, January 28, 2011

WHY REJECT SUCH HOPE?

The last time I got in a conversation about the rapture, I was met with some harsh criticism.  She told me that you can't take the Bible literally and I should come back and talk to her after I read the entire Bible.  In other words, I don't know what I'm talking about.  Another person told me that the rapture is science fiction.  I dont' know how you can read the scripture mentioned in the article below and then blow it off as science fiction.  And if we can't take the Bible literally, what good is it? 
                                                                                                    --Danelle


The Rapture - What Is It ? When Will It Happen ? Where Is It In The Bible ?


by: Robert W. Benjamin


Just about everyone has heard someone mention ' The Rapture ', when they talk about the return of Jesus Christ. There probably isn't a word that causes as much conflict as the word rapture, does. I here folks constantly saying: ' There is NO word rapture in the Bible! '.



I have read the NIV version of the Bible from beginning to end, and it is true the word 'rapture' was not found. I have also read parts of and studied the King James Bible since I was a child, and I have never seen the word, ' rapture ', in it. So is the rapture made up ? NO. The Rapture is clearly mentioned in the bible, let me explain.



"Rapture" is derived from the Latin verb: 'rapere', of 1 Thess. 4:17—"we will be caught up," ['to carry off' - or 'catch up']).



A Dictionary meaning for Rapture says: ' The transporting of a person from one place to another, especially to heaven '.



So when we mention the Rapture, we are not saying the actual word is in the bible, but what it means is, the removing or taking away of the christian believers just before the seven year tribulation begins.



Here are just a few of the many references of the Rapture in the Bible (NIV Version):



Christ will bring raptured Church (his believers) to place he prepared : John 14:1-3 - "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."



The followers of Jesus will be removed to safety while those still on the Earth will face the tribulation period: Revelation 3:10 - " Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth. "



In the verse above we are told that the 'followers' of Jesus, those that have kept his commands (followed his commandments) and accepted him as lord and saviour, will be kept from the time of trouble (tribulation), so here we have the proof of a pre-tribulation rapture. In 1 Thessalonians 4: 16-17 we are told how this incredible event will take place:



1 Thessalonians 4: 16-17 - "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever."



There are even more references to the church being delivered from the tribulation. Also, remember what happened back in the days of Noah. In a sense there was a rapture that occured then also. Noah and his family, the only true believers and followers of God, were removed from the earth (raptured) by the safety of God to the Ark, while the rest of the earths people suffered and died.



If you would like to know a lot more about the ' End Times ' , and read some great Christian articles on such subjects as 'Being Saved, Armageddon, The Rapture, and much more, visit the website called: ' Signs Of The End Times '



http://www.rb59.com/end-times



By Robert W. Benjamin



Copyright © 2006



You may publish this article in your ezine, newsletter on your web site as long as it is reprinted in its entirety and without modification except for formatting needs or grammar corrections.

No comments: