Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

MUSIC, MEMORIES, AND MONDAYS

We're stepping back in time for today's post.  Take a few minutes to enjoy music of the seventies about our least favorite day of the week.  I don't remember listening to the Mamas and the Papas, but Karen Carpenter's angelic voice was a favorite of mine as a child growing up in Pillow, Pennsylvania.  I had many of her songs recorded on my treasured battery-powered tape recorder that I carried everywhere.  If you continue clicking on the Carpenters video, you'll see a young Suzanne Somers hosting a show called 8 Track Flashback and you'll hear more memorable music by the Carpenters.  This music takes me back to my childhood.  It's amazing how music is so attached to our memories.

1 comment:

Deanna Wiseman said...

Love the memories Sis. Isn't it funny how a song can pick you up and carry you back to a different time and place. Great post.