Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

WHAT TO DO WITH A BIG FAT ONION

This is what's for dinner tonight. I have a big fat onion sitting on my kitchen counter since Friday (Auction Day) and a box of unopened Panko crumbs has been hanging out in my pantry for months. Tonight the two will unite and I hope it's a match made in Heaven because I LOVE Onion Rings. The last time I made onion rings they were dipped in a beer batter and the process took all day. I had to soak the onion rings in milk for two hours and then make the batter and let that sit for two hours. After all that work and the mess of a deep fryer, I was disappointed with the results. I vowed never to make onion rings again.

But I never tried baking them. And I never used Panko crumbs before. Here's the recipe I decided on. Maybe I'll mix up some horseradish ketchup for dipping. Yum.
 http://www.lanascooking.com/2011/03/22/baked-panko-onion-rings/

No comments: