Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

A BLESSING OR AN ANNOYANCE?

 With the recent shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, we are appreciating our children a little more, but will that appreciation last much longer than next week? Our culture views children more as an annoyance than a blessing. Women don't want to give up their dreams to raise children. They aren't willing to sacrifice for the sake of another precious life. We are selfish. Too into ourselves and our own needs to even consider what someone else needs. 

When I think of what Jesus did for me on the cross, I ask myself how much I'm willing to sacrifice. How often do I shove aside my aches and pains, my tiredness, my convenience, and my wants for the sake of another? How willing am I to go to the cross? Even for my own children?
http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/motherhood-is-a-calling-and-where-your-children-rank

No comments: