Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Controlling Our Tongues

  • What comes out of your mouth is merely the evidence of what is in your heart (Matthew 12:34). 
One thing a true Christian should have is a bad feeling after using profane language. That bad feeling is evidence that the Holy Spirit lives inside of you. It's proof that you are saved and on your way to Heaven. If you can talk trashy without any remorse or regret then your heart isn't right with God. 

People think that all they have to do to be sure of a place in Heaven is to say a little prayer and confess sin, then ask Jesus to save them. But if there is no change in behavior, can they really be sure of their salvation?

 A true conversion will be visible. We'll be able to see and hear a change in behavior. A true conversion happens when God is invited to live inside you. If God is truly there, he will be very uncomfortable when your mouth goes to the potty. And that will make you feel uncomfortable.

I'm not perfect. My mouth gets me in trouble at times too. But every time I use unclean language, I instantly feel like a phony. I just feel bad and my heart becomes heavy with regret. 

So for everyone who claims to be a Christian, ask yourself if you can talk trashy with no remorse or regret. Do you think nothing of swearing on Facebook? If so, then I don't want to read your posts that glorify God. Your God is not my God.
 Controlling Our Tongues

No comments: