Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Talk to Strangers: God Puts People in Our Path for a Purpose

"Dear God, please show me the spiritual need of those I come in contact with. Give me a courageous, sensitive, and loving heart that will see people as You see them and love them according to their need."


The article below is something I can relate to because so many times I have regretted not talking to people that I walk by every day. I don't always have it on my mind to at least smile at a passerby. I'm also guilty of retreating into my own little world when I'm out among people. And sometimes I'm just plain tired. I don't want to exert the energy required to talk.

I'm not naturally an extrovert. I don't talk to strangers easily. And with all the scary happenings these days, can I always assume that the man waiting in line behind me is harmless. If I smile at him and make conversation, can I be sure he won't follow me to my car and want to continue the conversation beyond my comfort level.

It's hard to trust people today, so I guess it's just easier to play with my cell phone at times than it is to talk to the people that walk past me, the people that stand or sit beside me as I wait, the people I share my part of the world with.

 But I often wonder how many opportunities I've missed to connect with people that God put in my path. How many times have I missed the chance to encourage someone that needed it? God help me to be more mindful of the people around me and to know when the person next to me is someone you put in my path for a reason.

Talk to Strangers: God Puts People in Our Path for a Purpose

1 comment:

mother said...

you are awesome proud of you and love you.