Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Sunday, April 2, 2023

A POWERFUL WOMAN IN GOD'S EYES



Our culture tells women to be powerful and not needy. We feel pressure to solve problems without needing anyone. We are told that we should not feel discouraged, disappointed, sad or angry. But that pressure to have it all together does not come from the Lord. 

Lately I am allowing myself to feel emotions that people tell me I should not feel. I am allowing myself to be vulnerable. Allowing myself to cry. Allowing myself to feel weak. Allowing myself to be honest with no regrets. 

I am learning that there is power in yielding, submission and surrender because my own way of controlling things is not power at all if it's not pleasing God. Letting go and giving God control is where my power lies. I can offer my opinion about the wrongs in this world, but I cannot change people or fix their messes.  

The pressure we feel to fix things in our own strength causes anxiety, shame, and an endless cycle of troubling thoughts. But we don't need to be on top of everything all the time. We shouldn't be ripping ourselves apart because we don't have it all together. 

God is there in our places of anger, shame and fear. He is waiting for us in all our messy places. He invites us to sit down and be honest with Him. God loves when we are needy with Him. Jesus can walk with us through every difficulty if only we would invite Him.

I invite you to watch this powerful conversation between four women who lay their hearts bare and share all the struggles they face in a world where women have a tremendous amount of pressure on them.
Women hide the most from other women. We hate looking weak or inadequate to other women. 

When we become so spiritually mature that we can be honest about our shortcomings and the places where we feel inadequate, there is a comfort and a freedom in that. A powerful woman produces fruit in her life, and she can't produce fruit when she hides her problems from God and from trustworthy friends. 

We all long for a support system, and life can be very lonely when we reject intimacy with God and don't talk to anyone about the things we are going through. 

No comments: