Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Sunday, April 23, 2023

LIFE MOVES BY YOUR THOUGHTS



Our lives always move in the direction of our strongest thoughts. This short video will help you to identify the negative thought patterns that play over and over in your head. We all have these negative thought loops of cynicism, negativity, absolute-ism, or victimhood. 

Our thoughts determine how we see ourselves and how we navigate our daily lives. A negative thought pattern can cause much damage if we don't learn how to move past it. God can change our thinking, but first we must make an effort to identify the problem and  then train ourselves to think differently. 

LCBC is our new church. We attended for the first time today in Elizabethville, PA. The church is located across the parking lot from McDonald's. I have never received such a warm welcome from any church, ever. People don't just say, Hello and walk away. They spend time getting to know you. 

Today's sermon was not the topic above, but it was equally as good. And if you miss any sermons, you can catch up on what you missed via You Tube. The sermons at LCBC give you tools to live successfully in your everyday life by teaching scripture you can apply to your daily challenges. This is what people are craving. It's what we desperately need from a church, because the world is becoming so stressful, and we really need help today. 

What are your negative recurring thoughts that replay in your head every day? Mine right now are trust issues. I'm keeping people at a distance because I don't trust them. But I'm learning to change my thought patterns so that I can focus on more positive things. And part of the process for me has been explaining to the people I love why I have been struggling so much lately. 

I want a clean slate. And sometimes you can't have a fresh start until you address the past hurts that you stuffed deep down within yourself. I found the courage to tell my children what I've been through in the past year, because I've learned that when I suffer emotionally, it will eventually affect them. We see each other often and I can't hide my mental and physical stress for long. 

For months, I've been wanting to write about the power of our thought life and how we don't have to be helpless victims of our negative thought loops. This video is better than anything I could have written. We have the power to change the things we think about and in the process we can change the way we see ourselves and the way we see other people and situations. 

Watch the video because we all have negative recurring thoughts and they are affecting your life in a negative way. God wants you to be set free so your joy can be complete. 

No comments: