Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

TASTY HERBS, HEALING HERBS

This summer I discovered how easy herbs are to grow from seed.  I planted lemon basil, oregano, lemon balm, parsley, stevia, and lavender.  My favorite was the lemon basil.  I couldn't stop sniffing it.  I love the scent of lemon, and lemon basil is my new favorite herb.

It's so neat to pull off fresh herbs from your garden while cooking.  They added great flavor to my pasta salad and brought a whole new freshness to spaghetti sauce.  Never again will I go through summer without an herb garden.  I don't consider myself good at gardening.  I can preserve what comes out of it, but I have a lot to learn about the planting process, so I was very excited when my herbs began to sprout.

The article below is one you might find interesting if you're into using herbs for natural healing.  They really are wonderful to have around the house.  And it's interesting to learn the different medicinal uses for each herb  
 http://readynutrition.com/resources/30-most-popular-herbs-for-natural-medicine_06092011/

No comments: