Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Always Learning: Finding Godly Girlfriends

Always Learning

I love discovering great blogs.  This one that I came across today answered many questions I've been pondering lately.  The blog is titled Always Learning, and that's one thing that I never stop doing.  God is still molding me and I have much to learn and much to improve on.  Yesterday I caught myself contributing to the gossip mill when I shared a comment a woman had made to me at my daughter's birthday party.  This woman is known for her blunt remarks that come out sounding not so nice.  When someone else confessed to being hurt by her comments, I couldn't resist sharing my own experience.  And I immediately felt lousy after I said it.  It seems I'm constantly being put to the grindstone lately.  God is stripping away my pride and molding me into a more humble person. 


It's not easy to be humble.  It's hard to remain silent when people say rude things.  And I wonder at what point do I become a doormat if I remain silent.  Being humble requires dying to self.  But how much dying must I do?  Must I completely ignore my own well-being in order to be like Jesus.  I guess when we consider what Christ did on the cross the answer is yes. 


I've made a lot of mistakes with my own mouth lately, so I guess I shouldn't gossip about other people who do the same.  When I come across a woman who is rude or a woman who enjoys correcting my mistakes, I need to remind myself that she probably suffers from low self-esteem or insecurity and I need to feel compassion for her instead of anger.  I need to look at the deeper issue that might be causing her behavior.  That's not easy to do when my human nature wants to give her a lecture.


Yes, as Christians we are always learning.  Because there is so much to learn.  And making mistakes is part of the process.  I'm learning to forgive myself when I mess up.  Writing a blog like this and being a speaker sets me up for high expectations of my words and actions.  But I have to remind myself that I'm flawed like everyone else.  I have to remember that I'm still learning too, and sometimes I'm going to blow it.  Maybe that's the key to being humble.

Always Learning: Finding Godly Girlfriends: We were just getting ready to pray and she exclaimed, "I need to go outside for some fresh air. My heart has been hurting and the pain is...

1 comment:

Always Learning said...

Thank you for all your sweet comments and supporting my blog. I have been
writing it since February and it has definitely kept me accountable. I know
teachers are going to be held to a higher standard and I never want to be
labeled a hypocrit. It is wonderful to find other blogs that speak Truth
and aren't afraid to do that. Keep up the good work and may God continue to
bless you.

Love,
Lori