Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

IMPARTING GRACE

We all need Grace.  As a writer, I need it too.  There are times when what I write rubs people the wrong way.  So I need Grace from my readers.  I need them to believe that my intentions are good and if I point out flaws, I do it to bring improvement not hurt.

We all need Grace.  I need grace on those days when I'm too tired to carry on a conversation, so I get in and get out as quick as I can, hoping I won't have to chat with anyone.  I need grace on the days when I have things on my mind, so I might walk right past you and not even see you.  I need grace on the days when I chastise my daughter publicly instead of waiting until we get to the car.  Teenagers can be very disrespectful and that's one thing I won't tolerate, so it's hard for me to keep my cool.  I need grace.

I also need to extend grace.  In a moment of excitement, people make promises they can't keep.  They say impulsive things they later regret.  Parents react rudely when they're stressed or shy people can be seen as snobs.  "Extend grace," I say to myself.  The truth is, we've all had those moments when we wonder if we spoke too harshly, when we regret the way we worded something,  when we wish that we could turn back time and say or do it over.  We extend grace because we ourselves will need grace before this day is over.     

No comments: