Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

CRAZY IMPULSIVE DESIRES OF THE HEART

When I first heard this song on the radio, I loved, loved, loved it.  I bought the CD and wore it out.  So I bought another one.  Then late one night I decided to see where this group was performing.  On a whim I bought three tickets online to a concert in Philadelphia.  I had no idea who was going to go along or how I was going to get there because I hate driving in big cities, especially Philly.  What was I thinking? 

I guess God decided to bless my slightly crazy, impulsive decision because I found a friend to go along with me and guess what?  She knew her way around Philadelphia because she had been driving her daughter there to pursue a modeling career.  I hoped that I could sell that third ticket when I got there.

We drove right to the concert site without a problem, parked the car and walked to the cutest little diner.  I found the restaurant online and knew it was within walking distance of the concert.  It was exciting to be in an unfamiliar place so full of activity.  We arrived early for the concert and only one person was standing in line.  "Do you have any tickets?"  he asked.  I shook my head in amazement.  Could this night be any more perfect?  I sold him that third ticket that I bought on a whim for the amount I paid for it.  Now all we had to do was wait.

My only regret for the evening was the place I chose to stand for the concert.  I insisted we go up on the balcony while my friend suggested we grab a spot in front of the stage.  We could have been in the front row with the best view in the house.  Instead we had a bird's eye view of the stage and watched the tops of their heads instead of their faces.  Oh well, I guess you can't have everything. 

What I learned from that adventure is that sometimes God blesses our crazy, impulsive whims...not always, but sometimes.  There's something to be said for planning and playing it safe, but taking a chance certainly has its charms. I bought three tickets to a concert in a city I dreaded driving to.  But God knew how much I loved that song.  When we delight ourselves in the Lord, he gives us the desires of our hearts.  He paves the way for our heart's desires.  Click on the link below to hear the song I'm talking about.



http://youtu.be/gaHwzkk6tOQ

1 comment:

Deanna Wiseman said...

Great story Sis. Love the song. The lead singer looks like Jim Paul with long hair. Love ya D~