Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

WHY LIVE FOR A TEMPORARY LIFE?

"“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’" (Matthew 7:21-23).

It's hard. The Christian life is hard. It goes against our nature to be good, loving, humble...Life doles out hard knocks and our faith is tested and then it is tested again. It is a struggle. Paul said it was and it is. But it is so worth it! 

Life on this earth is temporary. It is a temporary location, and heaven, soon New Jerusalem, will be our home forever. Examine yourself, live for the faith He died to give us! And then, "He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son." (Revelation 21:7). Examine yourself today. Don't wait.
http://the-end-time.blogspot.com/2012/02/back-to-basics-how-do-i-know-im-saved.html

No comments: