Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

SAVVY GATEKEEPERS HAVE HEALTHIER FAMILIES



The second reason why I'm so passionate about essential oils and the Young Living company is because of the toxins I'm avoiding every day. I no longer use Cascade, which contains endocrine disrupting chemicals that cause cancer and damage DNA. I now use Thieves dishwasher powder, which uses plant-based, naturally derived ingredients.

I no longer spray Lysol, which contains a mix of chemicals that are toxic to humans. I use a diffuser to freshen my home instead of canned air fresheners, gels and plug-ins, which cause tumors, lung damage and asthma. Air fresheners are in the top ten list of most toxic products in the home. I can make a homemade air/fabric/sheet spray in under a minute with water, salt or witch hazel, and a few drops of essential oil.

One of the top pollutants in the home is laundry detergent and fabric softener. You wash your clothes in toxic chemicals and the polluted fabric sits on your skin and outgases in your closet. Dryer sheets are also extremely toxic. I can make my own laundry detergent with essential oils or buy Thieves laundry detergent from the Young Living catalog. Instead of dryer sheets, I use essential oil-infused wool dryer balls.

We contribute to our own health problems when we blindly bring toxic products into our homes. Even the cookware we use can be toxic. The average woman is exposed to 300 chemicals daily through her makeup, personal care products and home cleaners.

Makeup and personal care products are loaded with chemicals. Young Living has a line of toxin-free makeup called Savvy Minerals and the bath & body products are chemical-free too. Toxic chemicals are allowed in nearly every type of cleaning product in the US. 95% of cancer cases are caused by environmental and home toxins.

My journey started when I got sick from a room full of cheap candles on Thanksgiving Day. That's when I began to wonder what other crap was lurking in the products I use. I became a label reader and an avid researcher. My research led me to essential oils and the Young Living company. I feel better about my role as gatekeeper for my family now that I've ditched the toxic products and switched to healthier options.

Learn more about essential oils at wholelifeoils.com/danelle-carvell/

No comments: