Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

ARE YOU ON SHAKY GROUND?



Most people do not realize or embrace their identity in Christ. I know this because I can see it on people by the way that they respond to situations, and by the way they respond to the comments of others. I also know this because I didn't fully understand my own identity in Christ until within the past three years, and I am 61 years old. 

I know the stress that goes with living to please others. I have felt the pressure to be what the world expects of me. And I have exhausted myself trying to conform to those expectations. My life was chaotic, stressful and lacking peace before I learned to embrace my true identity. 

In this video, Kris Reece lists three reasons why people struggle to embrace their God-given identity. She also teaches us how we can stop reacting inappropriately when someone challenges our identity. When we don't realize our identity in Christ, our self-esteem will be fragile and easily shaken. This can cause great emotional stress for ourselves and for those close to us. 

I know people who are conformers (also know as people pleasers.)
They don't have opinions of their own, but instead they conform to what everyone around them thinks and feels. Like a chameleon, they change their minds according to the company they keep. And by doing this, they have no identity of their own.  

I know people who seem driven by fear. They fear that they won't be accepted. They fear that they might disappoint someone. They fear that they might lose a relationship. And those fears cause them to do, say and think things that are not good for them. They live on shaky ground every day because they lack the foundation of knowing who they are in Christ. 

When you allow others to determine your identity, your significance and your worth, then you put yourself on an emotional roller coaster, because people are often looking out only for themselves. When you attach yourself to their train car, you will be taken for a chaotic ride.

The only way to find peace in this life is to learn and embrace your identity as a child of the most high God. This will give you confidence in who you are. You will be unshakable in your beliefs and able to confidently stand against any adversity. 

Once you find your true identity, you will no longer chase after the world's standards. You will be tuned-in to God's voice and you will get your guidance from Him. No one will ever make you feel inadequate, worthless or unloved again, because you simply won't care about the opinions of others. 

If your life is chaotic, you're not reading this by accident. The answer could be as simple as watching a Kris Reece video. 




No comments: