Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Friday, August 18, 2023

IF YOU'RE A FAN OF THE WALTONS


Every now and then I share fun things that I have discovered. I have always been a huge fan of The Waltons, so it was fun to discover that the gal who played Mary Ellen has a You Tube channel devoted entirely to the show. She interviews the cast and other actors who contributed to the show. And she shares some "behind the scenes" info that you couldn't see as you watched the show. 

My favorite character was John Boy. And Erin was my favorite of the sisters. One of our family vacations was to the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, where Earl Hamner, the creator of The Waltons grew up. We saw the Waltons Mountain museum and I spoke to someone in a gift shop who knew Earl Hamner. 

Judy talks about some of her favorite episodes of the show and gives us an inside look at what it was like to be part of it all. To me, her channel is fun to watch because I recall every single episode of the show and it's fun to learn all the extra things that went on behind the scenes of each show. 

I am fascinated with the early part of the 1900's and the simple lives of country folks back then. I secretly wish that I could have experienced that time, when life was less rushed and more peaceful, with more of a sense of community. I love old country stores and  antique cars and the way the women dressed back then, especially the hats. If you like my blog, you will most likely enjoy Judy's channel. She notices and appreciates many of the same things that I notice and appreciate about people, places and things. 


No comments: