Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

A SUMMER DAY IN JULY

Whenever I see photos of beautiful gardens, I long to have one of my own. It's not that I'm afraid of the work involved, but I fear that my efforts will fail since I've never been good at gardening. 

Remember this is the girl who got excited that the herbs she planted actually sprouted and grew into herbs. I love to see things grow out of the ground. It simply amazes me that we can plant a seed and in a little while we'll be enjoying whatever that seed becomes: colorful fragrant flowers, juicy succulent berries or bright green herbs that add wonderful flavor and fill the kitchen with a satisfying aroma. 


God has given us so many simple pleasures and summer is the best time to indulge in them. Today I went for a walk and took in the beauty of the day. I marveled at the blue sky and thanked God for the blessing of a recent rain that brought the corn fields back to a deep green and a better posture. 


As I walked on, I saw a doe strut slowly across the road on her way to enjoy a bite of corn from the farmer's field. A butterfly fluttered past me. A rabbit watched me intently as I walked by, knowing just how close I could get before it scurried off into the safety of the corn field. I watched the birds on the phone wires above me as they sat together for a while chatting and then flew their separate ways. 

Every day these things go on around me that I'm unaware of. I take them for granted. But today I was determined to really see and appreciate what God has created for our enjoyment. Life is beautiful, especially on a summer day in July.
 http://acultivatednest.com/2012/03/colorful-garden-gates/

No comments: