Followers

WELCOME

This blog is a place to chat from a Christian perspective about a variety of topics.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

ANOTHER GREAT RECIPES BLOG

http://www.mennonitegirlscancook.blogspot.com

Well, I discovered another great blog for recipes, Mennonite Girls Can Cook.  Tonight I tried one of the recipes for cinnamon buns listed on the site.  They sure looked good when they came out of the oven.  Best looking buns I ever made.  If I make them again, I will double the sticky glaze that you set the rolls in.  They weren't quite sticky enough for me.  But everything else about them is divine.

It would probably be a good idea to place your pan of buns on a cookie sheet in case some of that wonderful goo bubbles over the top.  I did have to add some extra flour to the dough before I could handle it, but the dough is supposed to be somewhat sticky, so don't add too much.  I baked these for no more than 20 minutes, but set my timer for 18 minutes.  Also don't melt the butter, milk, and sugar on high.  If the milk gets too hot it might negatively affect the yeast.
  
Spend some time exploring the Mennonite Girls blog.  The cinnamon rolls are in the yeast breads category and you have several recipes to choose from.  I chose the recipe by Charlotte because my mom's name is Charlotte and I took that as a good sign.  I was very happy with the results.  My only complaint was not enough sticky for my taste.  But that can be easily adjusted.  Just double the sticky glaze.  Nothing smells up the kitchen like a fresh batch of cinnamon buns.  And these are the biggest, softest, most buttery I ever made.

No comments: